Tuesday 7 March 2017

Poster: Development- Title Decesions

The film name decided was 'The Possession', After considering the conventions of current horror posters my aim was to find a similar title design as to those of my genre. Although I wanted to be diverse with my trials as I felt I wanted it to be distinctive why I chose the title I did.
This is the first title, as you can see does appear to look like a horror title although it seems to have an effect of dripping blood although this tends to be more common across slasher type movies. Therefore, I decided this would not be the horror title to use as it didn't portray the image I wanted to create.

This is the title that I decided to go for, as you can see the title is deteriorating creating the effect that the story is broken, I feel this is significant as the story within the movie ends on a cliff hanger which ties in with the idea that the story is deteriorated. Furthermore it has the effect that the title has been drawn on with blood by hand, this further links to the hand prints of blood within the movie.

This title has a digital effect, I favoured this font as it had the appearance of a digital appeared similar to the timing shown on a cctv image, this is significant as in previous successful horrors such as paranormal activity a lot of emphasis was placed on the cctv camera shots. However the title does not appear scary therefore I believed it would be best suitable to use for text elsewhere upon the page.

This Title was not chosen as the features conveyed the wrong message, one of such was that it looked too curved for a horror movie and secondly it seemed to cartoon based. This allowed me to decide that this will not be the chosen title that I decide to use for my horror poster.

This is a more clown or circus based title although I felt to trial each type to see which fit best alongside my film and chosen image and I decided this didn't follow any of my conventions.

1 comment:

  1. Some evidence of your decision process Rajveer, with some comments about why the font designs may fit with your genre and plot.
    You need to explain why you have decided to use white and why you decided to have the two letters in red.
    You have already made your decision - you should have tested these examples with your target market and then demonstrated evidence that you had taken this feedback on board before you made your final decision.
    You also need to consider the research you have carried out, and make links between your choices and how it fits with conventions you have already identified.

    ReplyDelete